The firm has a large estate-planning practice group that assists high net-worth individuals and families in connection with matters of estate and wealth transfer planning, family business and financial issues, and succession planning. When appropriate, this group accomplishes our clients’ objectives with complex and creative techniques.
- Advise families about how to avoid or resolve intrafamily financial, personal, and succession issues.
- Application of strategies and techniques to avoid or minimize estate, gift, and generation-skipping transfer taxes.
- Creation of complex trusts and family limited liability companies, partnerships, and corporations to protect family assets and transfer wealth.
- Negotiate and litigate controversies over wills and trusts.
- Represent clients in estate tax and gift tax audits, and when necessary, litigate tax controversies in both the Tax Court and federal courts.
- Advise and educate clients on the creation and use of private foundations, charitable trusts, donor advised funds, and other charitable giving strategies.
- Help clients plan for the purchase, ownership, and use of life insurance products.